Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell - When my doorbell rings, show me who is there!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Better_living
Follower
Follower

When my doorbell rings, show me who is there!
Don't blank out my screen with what looks like a phone call, show me live video of who is there! Don't make me answer your dumb call feature to see.
#1 scenario is that a delivery person drops a package & rings the doorbell as they leave.
I try to look, but because the communication line is busy with the dumb ringer service, I can't get through to see the video.
Very frustrating. This almost makes your product worthless to me.
The only benefit I see so far is timestamps of deliveries and occasionally talking to a guest at the door.
Time lag for connections is usually very poor and there is no diagnostics for this. You should be collecting background statistical data to help Identify connection issues.
Was it the Arlo device, my router, your server, my cellular service or your application software that was to blame? A matrix of that data times a million installs should be plenty to identify the typical problems.
You guys are missing it big-time. Before I buy into your other security products, this has to get resolved ASAP.
YOU HAVE 1 MONTH and then I'm ready to test one of the many newer devices on the market.
Tell me you are actually working on this or else..
Disappointed,

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll pass your feedback along to the development team. Currently, you must accept the call to see who pushed the doorbell button. Alternatively, you could decline the call and then live stream the camera.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation