Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jadap
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had my door chime (round button) for a year and one day it failed. Thinking it was battery I charged it and tried again. Couldn’t connect. So even though I have a combined 5G /2.4G router and it had joined before, I isolated out the 2.4G. Still wouldn’t connect. Battery seemed dead again so bought a new battery. Still won’t connect. Driving me nuts. Arlo cameras fine. I don’t know what else to try

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jadap wrote:

I’ve had my door chime (round button) for a year and one day it failed. Thinking it was battery I charged it and tried again. Couldn’t connect. So even though I have a combined 5G /2.4G router and it had joined before, I isolated out the 2.4G. Still wouldn’t connect. Battery seemed dead again so bought a new battery. Still won’t connect. Driving me nuts. Arlo cameras fine. I don’t know what else to try

Are you talking about an Arlo Doorbell?  If so, what model?  (I'm guessing an AVD2001, but it's best to be certain).

Or are you talking about an Arlo Chime?

Jadap
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying. It’s the 

Essential Wireless Video Doorbell Item No. AVD2001B

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your phone connected to your home wifi during the install?

If you have a VPN installed on the phone, make sure it is turned off.

How far into the install are you getting?  Are you getting to the chime when the QR code is scanned?

Jadap
Aspirant
Aspirant

No VPN - it connects to my router

Jadap
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get right to the end

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jadap wrote:

I get right to the end

Do you see the doorbell in your router's attached device list?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation