Arlo Door Bell Calls going to a random person

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
todderman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just had someone ring my doorbell and the call was answered on a strangers device. There are only two people who have been granted permission to answer calls on this device. The person that answered it is NOT one of them. I have no idea who it was and they were talking on the camera stating that this wasn't their doorbell/house.... 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @todderman 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have sent you a private message to gather more information.

todderman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I may have figured it out…. I logged in from a friends phone to check my cameras since my phone ran out of battery. The other phone is receiving doorbell notifications as well. I have removed that phone through two step authentication but is unsuccessful stopping the notifications going to that phone….. any suggestions? @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @todderman 

I have a few questions for you. Did you add this friend as a granted access user?

Are these notifications being triggered by the doorbell only, or do you have other devices experiencing the same notification symptoms?

Does that friend's phone receive any motion notification or phone calls when the Arlo account is manually logged out?

Can you PM me with the friend's email address?

todderman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn’t grant that person access. I logged in with my credentials.

Notifications are only showing when the door bell is pressed.

Both accounts have been logged out several times. I will send a PM with that info

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation