Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
geejaysdee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

I have bought a new wire free doorbell.  As it happens, I was able to get a new electrical supply to the doorbell, so I was hoping to find out how to switch over to wired power.  Do I just take out the battery, or are there more steps?  I couldn't find any instructions online.

Just for completeness, the app describes the bell as "Product Type: Essential Wire-Free Video" .... (I can't see further text because it doesn't wrap).

"Hardware: 1.3. 

Firmware: No updates available."

Any advice gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@geejaysdee wrote:

PS have you got a link to what the other app icons mean - there's a circle with a wing on one side that I've never understood, plus a musical note with a line through it.  Is the latter a no chime?  On the Pro3 cameras I have a greyed out loudspeaker icon too. 

Unfortuntately there is no fully consolidated and complete list.  But I think these two are relevant to your setup:

But I think there are some missing (including the musical note, which indicates whether silent mode is enabled or not).

@geejaysdee wrote:

How do I see if the battery is trickle charging in the app?  Is it like an iPhone display i.e. the little battery icon has a lightning bolt showing if it's charging?  At the moment the battery icon isn't doing that.

Yes, you should see a lightning bolt.  There might be some selective charging going on, so one option is to wait until the battery drains more.  

Or follow the advice in the guide, and remove/reinstall your doorbell in the app. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to leave the battery in.  The AVD2001 trickle-charges the battery from the power, it doesn't run on the low voltage AC directly.  

Instructions are here:

Although the instructions say to remove the doorbell from account and re-add it, I don't think you actually need to do that unless you are also adding a traditional chime.  So perhaps check if you see the charging icon shows up in the app before doing that step.

geejaysdee
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB 

Thanks for the super quick response.  Just one further question.  How do I see if the battery is trickle charging in the app?  Is it like an iPhone display i.e. the little battery icon has a lightning bolt showing if it's charging?  At the moment the battery icon isn't doing that.

PS have you got a link to what the other app icons mean - there's a circle with a wing on one side that I've never understood, plus a musical note with a line through it.  Is the latter a no chime?  On the Pro3 cameras I have a greyed out loudspeaker icon too. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@geejaysdee wrote:

Unfortuntately there is no fully consolidated and complete list.  But I think these two are relevant to your setup:

But I think there are some missing (including the musical note, which indicates whether silent mode is enabled or not).

@geejaysdee wrote:

How do I see if the battery is trickle charging in the app?  Is it like an iPhone display i.e. the little battery icon has a lightning bolt showing if it's charging?  At the moment the battery icon isn't doing that.

Yes, you should see a lightning bolt.  There might be some selective charging going on, so one option is to wait until the battery drains more.  

Or follow the advice in the guide, and remove/reinstall your doorbell in the app. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation