Arlo Essential Wire Free Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sorb2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently when i depress the doorbell button the phone ringer does not ring, and the only time you see if doorbell is ringing if i open the case to see the screen with the incoming Arlo call. Sometimes i get a notification saying that someone pushed the doorbell which i have to then click and maybe the incoming ring call screen will come up on the screen. I cant figure out why my ring sound no longer works when the doorbell is pressed. Without the sound i will never know someone pushed the button. My wife's phone works fine.

So I removed my wife as an admin leaving only me in the account settings. I reinstalled the app multiple times as well as reinstalling the doorbell. To no avail i cannot get the ring sound to work on my phone.

Recently push notifications stopped working on my Samsung Note 9 phone as well, but it still works on my wife's phone when she was added to the account.

When i reinstalled the app there were no permissions granted. So i granted all permissions for the device in hopes it would work. It did not.

I also have the chime connected to the system and it works fine.

Additionally the wireless router supports all bands 2.4, 5, & 6. Our phones are connected to the 5 GHz band, and the Arlo devices are all connected to the 2.4 GHz band either regular one or guest network one. (when i set up the system i was connected to the same one)

I have 4 Arlo Essential Outdoor 2K Camera (2nd Generation), Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell, Arlo Security System - 1 Keypad Hub & 5 sensors, Arlo Chime 2, and an extra Sensor for security hub installed.

The doorbell used to show up through the clear case cover, and ring my ringtone on the phone for both my phone and my wife's phone. We both have Note 9 phones. All of these features worked fine a few days ago.

I exhausted looking up on the internet for the cause and fix for this problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Sorb2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

So i was able to get the sound part fixed. It was a corrupt ringtone file that worked fine with everything but Arlo Doorbell. I replaced the file with a backup copy and it rings when the app shows up on the screen after someone depresses the doorbell button.

However i added my wife as an admin and selected her to be able to use doorbell, but when you press the button it is random as to which phone rings or if both phones ring. Not sure if anyone has experienced that before.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

On both of your accounts do you see feed or library on the bottom?

Sorb2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app on both phones have a feed tab. Only critical actions are stored there since we do not have a plan. However we do get notifications when a detection occurs.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation