Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Additional Functionality from pairing an Essential Video Doorbell (AVD2001) with a base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Streamer1122
Aspirant
Aspirant

What additional functionality would I get from pairing my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-free (AVD2001) with a base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Streamer1122 wrote:

Will the AVD2001 definitely connect to a base station (VMB5000) and allow local recordings?

Arlo says they are adding the ability to pair the doorbell with a base - that would have to include the two smarthub models.

But "definitely" is impossible for anyone other than Arlo to promise.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I like it since I get local recordings, too. This is especially useful if you choose to not have a subscription although it's not the same as having cloud recordings.

Arlo also suggests that you may get a better connection by using a base/hub.

Of course, right now you cannot connect the AVD2001 to a base or hub. Hopefully a firmware update will come along to fix that.

Streamer1122
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the AVD2001 definitely connect to a base station (VMB5000) and allow local recordings?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Streamer1122 wrote:

Arlo says they are adding the ability to pair the doorbell with a base - that would have to include the two smarthub models.

But "definitely" is impossible for anyone other than Arlo to promise.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation