Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding a doorbell to existing system

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kirsh1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo cameras in use in my house.  It used to be that you had to pay a fee if you added a 5th camera.  I would like to add the wireless doorbell and start the least expensive plan available (30 days storage in the cloud).  If I start the plan the information says I could get a 20% discount on the doorbell, but it does not say how my 4 existing cameras will affect my addition.  There is absolutely no way I can access phone assistance as was available in 2018 when I purchased the 4 cameras.  I cannot buy a $200 doorbell to replace my Ring without having information about your product.  (The Ring provides 4 boxes to place around the house to hear the signal.  No mention as to how far the Arlo doorbell sound carries or how).

Is there any Arlo store in the DC area or anyway I can talk to someone knowledgeable?

Thanks

Kirsh1

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kirsh1 wrote:

It used to be that you had to pay a fee if you added a 5th camera. 

Actually you needed a subscription when you added the 6th camera (not the 5th).

@kirsh1 wrote:

I would like to add the wireless doorbell and start the least expensive plan available (30 days storage in the cloud).  If I start the plan the information says I could get a 20% discount on the doorbell, but it does not say how my 4 existing cameras will affect my addition. 

You can add the single camera subscription for the doorbell - you will still have the free 7-day cloud storage with the older cameras.

@kirsh1 wrote:

No mention as to how far the Arlo doorbell sound carries or how).

The Arlo doorbell is compatible with a lot of mechanical chimes (both analog and digital).   So if you have existing chime(s) , you could potentially continue to use them.

You can also purchase one or more Arlo Chime 2(s) - either using them instead of a traditional chime, or in addition to a traditional chime.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062573/Arlo-Chime-2-FAQ

When someone presses the doorbell, Arlo will ring your phone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation