Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD2001Aer1.2 Wirefree doorbell cannot connect to Alexa

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tidgh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Essential Wirefree door bell that is beginning to give me issues. First it just stopped working so, I removed it from the app and did everything these forums suggest including a factory reset. It now works again except my Amazon Echo show 10 which it worked on OK before, now cannot show it. I've lowered the resolution to 1080p, removed the skill and re-added it. It sets off an echo chime when pressed as well as the alarm on my iphone but nothing I have tried (and I've tried everything) will get the Echo 10 to show it. It tries and then says the door bell is not responding. The doorbell responds to the app and the web interface. I'm at a loss and at the banging my head on my desk time. Please if anyone has an answer please post it.

Hardware: AVD2001Aer1.2

Firmware:1.2.0.0_464_d081fa5_7d8d6fc

Thanks

Tidgh

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tidgh,

Is this issue intermittent or does it never work? Are you still experiencing the same behavior today?

JamesC

Tidgh
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

thanks for the reply, well for the last two weeks, it simply refused to work. After receiving your reply I gave it another try and it worked once and once only, the echo displays 'waiting for Arlo' and after timeout says the camera isn't responding. It has an excellent radio reception, it's showing 3 bars and Airport Utility tested next to it gives a wifi signal of -47dBm which most people would willingly die for. So, I'm at a loss of how to get it to work. Battery at 97%

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation