Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

6v Chime box and wire free doorbell and a few other questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide

Hi

First question is this, my chime box is 6v, i notice that the wire free arlo doorbell requires a minimum of 8v (to be hardwired and apparently trickle charge).  I am however thinking will wiring it up to at least trickle charge it?

Anyone have any experience of wiring to a 6v chime box?  Does it ring the chime or trickle charge at least a little? Or am i wasting my time?

Next question, I have Arlo HD cameras (the original ones) and a VMB4000r3 base station.  The smart subscription i assume is only any use for the video doorbell which is £2.50 a month?  

Currently you cant record from the wire free doorbell to the base station storage which is a pain, hopefully it will at some stage

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wenklaw0042

Please follow Arlo's installation instructions for the Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbell. I can nit suggest any alternatives. I would suggest contacting customer support with questions regarding trickle charging and minimum voltage requirements. 

Your Wire-Free doorbell can Send push notifications & live stream without an Arlo Smart subscription. If you would like to record and receive smart alerts, you will require an Arlo Smart subscription. You can find more info here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation