Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Norrisk66
Tutor
Tutor

My AVD2001 is unable to be discovered by the wifi network. It was working for 3 months until my free subscription expired (at which time I discovered it is NOT COMPATIBLE with my ARLO Basestation like it was originally claimed to be-which is an entirely different subject).

When I couldn't connect to my basestation, I removed and attempted to reconnect it to my WIFI. Now it will not discover.

I have enabled location services, ensured that my iPHONE 12 is connected to my 2.4 GHZ wifi network.

I initially press the doorbell button, aim it at the QR code on my phone, at which time I hear the chime.

The app on my phone then has a circular timer that says it is discovering ARLO items in the area. The doorbell will chime again. But the app on my phone keeps spinning and never connects to the internet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you factory reset the doorbell? For instructions on how to do so, take a look here: How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

JamesC

Norrisk66
Tutor
Tutor

I have not tried this reset. However, I am not hooked to AC power-just the battery.

How will this work with battery only?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Norrisk66,

AC power is only needed when using the reset option within the mobile app. To manually factory reset, just follow the steps listed in the article and then attempt onboarding the device.

JamesC

Norrisk66
Tutor
Tutor

The reset fixed my issue.

However, the doorbell is basically still useless since It will not store recordings on my arlo smart hub like the Amazon description told me it would.

Arlo needs to come out with a way to make these hook to the basestation like all the arlo cameras once did.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Norrisk66 wrote:

Arlo needs to come out with a way to make these hook to the basestation 

They've said they will add that - hopefully it will be soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

Norrisk66
Tutor
Tutor
I am now able to connect my AVD2001 doorbell to my base station now which is great.
However, I am still unable to set the doorbell to record video when motion is sensed. Am I missing something?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Norrisk66,

You will need to have local storage enabled, or have an active Arlo Secure subscription to be able to record activity to the cloud.

JamesC

Norrisk66
Tutor
Tutor
I have local storage enabled and a 32GB flash drive inserted. I checked the box in the settings to record until motion stops. I get a notification of motion on the doorbell, but it never records the footage in my library like my other Arlo pro cameras do.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation