Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD2001-100EUS wire free doorbell questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edgie70
Follower
Follower
Hi all , looking at buying the Arlo wire free doorbell , just wanted to ask a couple of questions .
Can the motion detection zones be turned off or certain zones turned off ?? I live on a road where it's fairly busy and people walk past and cars go by , from pavement to front door is approx 15 foot .
Battery says about 6 months usage between charges on the site but I've seen people on here saying it's lasted a few days , is this common ???
Many thanks , Dave
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edgie70 wrote:

says about 6 months usage between charges on the site but I've seen people on here saying it's lasted a few days , is this common 

It depends on the amount of activity in the camera view.  Given the short distance between the doorbell and the street (and the high traffic), I think it's likely that battery life will be an issue for you.  I'd suggest getting the wired doorbell instead.

@Edgie70 wrote:

Can the motion detection zones be turned off or certain zones turned off ?? 

You can turn off motion detection altogether  - which would resolve the battery life issue mentioned above, but of course you'd lose a lot of functionality.  You can also reduce the sensitivity, which can help reduce the amount of unwanted motion alerts, and will improve battery life.

The activity zones aren't fixed - you set them up yourself.  The zones reduce the unwanted motion alerts, but they do not improve battery life.  When motion is detected, the video is streamed to the Arlo cloud - and the cloud determines whether the motion is in-zone or not.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation