Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

wait for HomeKit support for 2ND gen doorbell or buy first gen ?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fatalgamers
Follower
Follower

Hello, I recently bought an Aqara G4 on amazon that works great out of the box it has native HKSV support (I'm still in the return window) , but thing is I already have several Arlo cameras ultra 2 and I dont like having too many apps/ecosystems.. I know the first-generation Arlo wire-free doorbell is HomeKit compatible (I dont know if it's HKSV and if its detected as doorbell like the aqara meaning you  receive push notification on Apple TV and can talk from Apple Watch etc ... when someone rings) , but I'm worried the second generation might be better in term of wifi and picture quality . Do you know when the second gen will get HomeKit support? from what I've seen in the forum it's been more than 6 months without any information about HK support, so do we have a timeline, My router is about 20 meters away from the doorbell with two brick walls in between, so I'm concerned that the first gen's Wi-Fi might not be strong enough to reach the Arlo base/my routeur (they are in the same place) Should I stick with the Aqara (which works great), buy the Arlo AVD2001, or get the second gen 2K and hope for HomeKit support? HomeKit compatibility is very important to me, as I have over 30 devices on HomeKit and like having everything integrated. by the way if I buy the EUS version f AVD2001 (European version, does it have HomeKit support, black or white dosent matter for the firmware ? ) 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fatalgamers wrote:

by the way if I buy the EUS version f AVD2001 (European version, does it have HomeKit support, black or white dosent matter for the firmware ? ) 

Yes, as long is it is connected to your hub.