Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The device model is not available in Arlo Secure app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
charlescheng
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I try to add the device into the app, there's no "Video Doorbell 2nd Generation" in "Doorbells and Chimes", only the original version. Is there something wrong? Appreciate it!

Sincerely

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@charlescheng wrote:

Frankly speaking if that's the case, anything to do to pass the limitation?

The only thing I know that might work is to connect a VPN to the US, and then create an account.  But you'd also need a payment method for the US.  Note if you do this, you'd onboard the doorbell with the VPN turned off.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@charlescheng wrote:

While I try to add the device into the app, there's no "Video Doorbell 2nd Generation" in "Doorbells and Chimes", only the original version. Is there something wrong? Appreciate it!

Where are you located?  2nd gen cameras/doorbells aren't supported in all regions yet.

charlescheng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hong Kong.

Oh no, I didn't know this (region limitation) during purchase, I even dig a hole on the wall for the installation, then during the app setup I couldn't find out this model.

Frankly speaking if that's the case, anything to do to pass the limitation? My parents are both looking at me and the hole of the wall at odd now...

Appreciate any attempts to save me, thanks!

Sincerely

Charles

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@charlescheng wrote:

Frankly speaking if that's the case, anything to do to pass the limitation?

The only thing I know that might work is to connect a VPN to the US, and then create an account.  But you'd also need a payment method for the US.  Note if you do this, you'd onboard the doorbell with the VPN turned off.

charlescheng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally, I'm managed to register an US account and everything worked perfectly! Thanks @StephenB !

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Can you tell me how you did it? I have the same problem, I bought the second generation video doorbell and I have not been able to configure it because it does not show up in the application.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Can you tell me how you did it? I have the same problem, I bought the second generation video doorbell and I have not been able to configure it because it does not show up in the application.

Read post 4

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation