Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jark4
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I find the MAC address for a new doorbell so that I can connect it to a wireless network and white list the address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jark4 wrote:

Is the MAC address specfic to the device or the network it is connected to? 

It is specific to the doorbell.

Unfortunately it is not printed on the packaging or on the doorbell itself (I just checked my own AVD4001).

@jark4 wrote:

Could I first connect the camera to a network I can see and then get the MAC address that way?

Yes.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jark4 wrote:

How do I find the MAC address for a new doorbell so that I can connect it to a wireless network and white list the address?

It might be on the packaging (or on the doorbell itself).  I don't recall whether that's the case with the Gen 2 cameras, but it is the case for several other Arlo cameras.

But I think the simplest way is to allow all devices to connect to your home wifi during the install, and then find the doorbell's mac address in your router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or briefly disable MAC filtering, let the doorbell connect and grab the MAC address.

jark4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the MAC address specfic to the device or the network it is connected to? I am trying to connect the device to a network I don't have access to see what's connected. The owner of the network (a hospital system) has ask for the MAC address to whitelist it so that I don't have to accept Terms and Conditions each day. Could I first connect the camera to a network I can see and then get the MAC address that way?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jark4 wrote:

Is the MAC address specfic to the device or the network it is connected to? 

It is specific to the doorbell.

Unfortunately it is not printed on the packaging or on the doorbell itself (I just checked my own AVD4001).

@jark4 wrote:

Could I first connect the camera to a network I can see and then get the MAC address that way?

Yes.  

jark4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, much appreciated!

jark4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, much appreciated!