Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How can I get more options for the quick reply messages?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Shivani2222
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to receive multiple quick reply options whenever the doorbell rang, but now I'm only presented with one. It's an incredibly convenient and user-friendly feature. The language is Dutch. Could you please assist me with this?"

It is the Arlo 2k Wireless Video doorbell.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is actively working on a resolution for this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Does the number of options change if you select a different language? For more information on this feature, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062173/How-can-I-respond-with-a-Quick-Reply-message-when-a-visitor-presses-my...

JamesC

Shivani2222
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it doesn’t. The number of options are the same for English as well.

Shivani2222
Aspirant
Aspirant

It didn't solved my problem

Meoww
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue as you, I’m from Australia. After the outage back in May, my doorbell has only 1 quick reply message down from 5. I had another brand new doorbell 2k installed just the day before reaching out to support as the new one was the same. I used my partner’s phone and other devices, changed to different languages but still just 1 quick reply message. So I had a long back and forth chat with 2 representatives, standard procedure troubleshooting, update your app and stuff lol Fine, I went with it, done that and they finally told me they are aware of people with iOS devices are experiencing the same issue. After this they wanted app log for their “next level engineer” so gave them app log, got a reply 2 days later asking to re-install the device, check internet, how many devices connected to the network and try without wifi, seriously? I guess this matter is either too small for them they can’t be bothered or they really have no idea how to fix it. 

Rant over, you may want to go into the app and send in a ticket, otherwise this is never going to be fixed, good luck.

Shivani2222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. It’s disheartening to hear that so many people are facing the same issue without a resolution in sight. This might seem like a small problem to them, but the quick reply feature is really useful for me since I have a leg problem and I’m not very quick on the stairs and rely on it to leave messages.

I really like the app and the design of the Arlo doorbell, but I’m disappointed with several other aspects of their service. I really wanted to love it, but these ongoing issues are making it difficult.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm working with the development team to better understand the issue you're experiencing. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the quickly reply options you're presented with?

JamesC

Meoww
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to hear about your leg problem, I can absolutely understand not having this feature functioning as it should is really not a small issue to us all. The customer support in the app was a pain to deal with.

I received a reply yesterday after they went through the app logs and have their so called “next-level team” to look into the issue and it was utterly huge waste of time for me. I spoke with 4 customer representatives, the first 2 understood what was going on and were able to verify there are multiple reports regarding this issue.

Once they gave the app logs and clear information to the “next-level team”, I’m not sure if this “next-level team” is having trouble reading or what, for some reason their understanding of the issue “only 1 quick reply option on iOS device” becomes “Not Getting SIP call on mobile device”. The 3rd and 4th reps asked me to remove, reset and re-add my doorbell which I told the 1st and 2nd reps I bought a 2nd doorbell just the day before I contacted them and added it the app and it’s still only have 1 reply option. They asked me to also check with another device, I already told them I used my partner’s phone and other devices and it’s still the same. They even ask me to check internet speed, how many devices are connected to my network and to try mobile network. Honestly!! This is the level of reading and understanding skill we get from Arlo! I told the 3rd pretty mush what I said here and got a reply from the 4th rep asking for screenshots of my internet speed, router made and network map. What a joke! Seriously!! You can’t get anything done with them. How could one made up something entirely after reading all the conversations? Either they can’t read or they don’t care enough to read. I told the 4th rep I can’t be bothered with their level of competence so I just closed the case lol I’d rather use the microphone then to speak with in app customer service again, wasted 3 hours for this I’ll never get back. 
The way they are still believe it’s the early 2000s everything that went wrong must be the user’s fault is laughable. In the year 2024, we still have to deal with companies that still think no one has any knowledge when it comes to technology is tragic. 

Meoww
Aspirant
Aspirant

Edited Out

Meoww
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JameC, I have already given the in app customer service reps everything they need if not more, the replies I got from them are beyond shocking and disappointing. However, if you are able to reach the developer directly then I’m willing to help. 

English(Australia)IMG_4081.png

English(UK)IMG_4082.png

English(US)IMG_4085.png

There should be 5 quick reply options available, as you can see each language from different countries can only show one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is actively working on a resolution for this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

Scobb2424
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue …just one quick reply ….the 5 options was the sole purpose I bought Arlo . I work from home & always on calls 

Scobb2424
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked with Arlo support for two weeks & never received an answer if this feature ( having 5 options ) should work or not 

Shivani2222
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only message I get is we will be right there. The same message as the other person in this conversation.