Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

I have just fitted an Arlo 2k 2nd gen doorbell. We had a courier leave a parcel at the door today and this was not recorded by the doorbell, we also had the same thing happen last week. All my settings are correct.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat is the typical path to your door - straight on or at least a bit side-to-side? Is it possible he didn't approach the door but "tossed" the package? Have you tested this yourself?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LittleAngel66 wrote:

I have just fitted an Arlo 2k 2nd gen doorbell. We had a courier leave a parcel at the door today and this was not recorded by the doorbell, we also had the same thing happen last week. All my settings are correct.

Did the courier walk up to the door (within 13 feet of the doorbell)?

Often delivery folks toss or slide packages onto my porch, which isn't enough to trigger the doorbell motion detector.

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

There's no way to throw a parcel to our door without being seen by the camera. On the occasion he also put it slightly under the mat so the camera definitely should have recorded.

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

Definitely no way to toss without being seen (unless you are an olympic shot putter maybe haha) it was also slightly under the mat so he definitely came to the door

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LittleAngel66 wrote:

Definitely no way to toss without being seen (unless you are an olympic shot putter maybe haha) 

Just to be clear on this - the motion is detected using a passive infrared (PIR) sensor, not by processing the video in field of view.  The spec'd motion detection range is 4m (13 feet).  The doorbell will detect things further away than that, but not reliably.

Have you tried the motion detection test?

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

They definitely came right to the door as it was partly under the doormat. Interesting my husband's phone ran but there was no recording when he looked and they had gone. Motion works because it recorded my husband mowing the lawn beautifully!

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

1000015146.jpg

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

1000015148.jpg

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

This is the camera view and activity zones