Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Chime 2 is not seeing any Ssd ids on my network and will not connect.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MFX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ring doorbell fully charged dead within a week.
Lost connectivity once charged had to full reset remove device. Really what a mess.
Chime2. Worked for a week and now won't connect.
Setsup with mobile app to temp arlo WiFi network.
Chime sees all my neighbours 2.4g networks. Won't detect my Vodafone 2.4g which is on, manual connect fails yes typed name correctly which is simply VODA 2.4g. Doesn't see any WiFi extenders which are on the same network. Yet every other WiFi appliance in the house is working seemlessly.
Needless to say sending back for a refund as spent 4 hours round in circles resetting chime, doorbell, router. Waste of my bloody time.
On initial install firmware updated and was all good.Worked for 1 week. 
Not sure if the doorbell having a 20% power left was impacting it but I don't see how as the chime will not connect to the router anyway. Yes 2.4g is on. Mobile 2.4g connected to same network on same 2.4g access point ie router.
Uselss and frustrated.

Tried adding manually 

Typing VODA 2.4 and the correct password neither have any special characters. 

Going to try the full rest in the chime. 

Device has been removed from the app. 

Was amazing when it worked. 

Now it's a a piece of expensive plastic that's heading back. Shame cause the angle was better than ring but mist neighbours have rung and can't understand why this unit is such a pain in the arse. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MFX,

It sounds like you may need to factory reset your Chime 2 before attempting to onboard it again. Follow the instructions listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000061879/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Chime-or-Chime-2

JamesC

MFX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I've been through this procedure over half a dozen times. 

Screenshot_20240923_213910_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20240923_214022_Settings~2.jpg

 as you can see I have 2 2.4ghz WiFi it is dwte ting neither. Seeing my soundbar, neighbours WiFi but not the router.

Was fine 10 days ago. 

Now nada. 

Thanks for the next step please. 

MFX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've now tried this in 3 locations. 

Within 1 foot from the main router. 

I have 2 lan leads also which both have WiFi extenders which our TV, ovens, dishwasher, soundbars, fridge, freezer, laptops, mobile phones. all see. 

The arlo has been factory reset and removed from the app over and over. 

Why is it not seeing the same WiFi it was seeing over a week ago.. 

Why will the doorbell connect but not the chime? 

I have tried connecting the Chime2 via the router and WiFis within the app and also via the doorbell. 

The Chime2 is simply no longer seeing any routers or WiFi connections within the home. 

Nothing has changed. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using an iPhone for the install?  If so, which one?

There was a problem with some iPhone models - and there was a workaround for it, but I don't think the mods published it here.  Not sure if that has been fixed in the app yet.