Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Leo888
Star
Star

Can Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen connect to VMB5000? I tried to follow this link below but it doesn’t work.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062393

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen (AVD3001 and AVD4001) is not yet compatible with Base Stations/SmartHubs. This feature is planned for a future firmware release.

JamesC

31 REPLIES 31
SwedishSecTec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I think it’s safe to say this is pure service deflation innit?

we all get lured in and the it’s the old bait and switch right? It’s not a cheap product to start with but ,as in many other cases, it gets more expensive and also worse at the same time. I like the products but not the big picture.

SwedishSecTec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on, @JamesC . Give us something.

Ssdungeon
Tutor
Tutor

Unless you pay.. you'll just have an extra VIEW o ly camera.  Slowly phase to another platform. The old doorbell half works with a lag that's so long the person would have left before it comes up.  

SwedishSecTec
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I got the camera I set it up immediately and gave it a run for its money and it was fine. No lag, no issues at all. Well it is amusing in a way that on the DAY my free trial ended, my doorbell became laggy as hell. The success rate for connecting to it within 20 seconds is around 40-50 %. And I have a strong connection to my fairly new archer router. 

reylorente
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I know this has been discussed many times in other postings, but we are in September 2024 and I wonder if there is any update on the firmaware/software release to be able to sync my two Essential 2nd Generation Cameras with the Base Station Smarthub. Otherwise, there is no point to keep these camaras or buying the base station for the on-prem recordings. Pushing for Cloud base subscritions is not an option I would like to go for.  

Thank you. 

Miguel

SwedishSecTec
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC So, what’s the word?

NicoleRoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Almost one year later, no update is available yet ? ○_○

Arlo could give us a free subscription in waiting we can connect avd3001 and avd4001 to a base...  

Now I need a camera in addition to save videos on my base !!!  Bravo Arlo!  

Furthermore the doorbell does not charge even though it's connected to the wires and the "new" app indicates many times a day that my devices are offline. It's a shame. I sincerelly regret this last purchase. I've bought and used many devices Arlo since 2018 and recommanded it to whoever wants to hear me.