Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
blund
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new doorbell, the batteri drains from 100% to below 20% in 2 days. Its not an option to Connect to power other than battery

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blund wrote:

I have a new doorbell, the batteri drains from 100% to below 20% in 2 days. Its not an option to Connect to power other than battery

Are you saying you can run only on battery power?

Can you see about how many minutes of video recording you are getting per day?  You need to remove any activity zones to check this.

Have you tried tuning the motion detection threshold?

There is a motion detection test you can use.  Walk in front of the doorbell while running the test, and find the lowest threshold that reliably detects you.  Then set the actual threshold slightly higher than that value.

blund
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Can only run om batterypower. I have turned motiondetector Down to minimum. I dont get much video. The doorbell ringes 1-2 times pr. Week max

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blund wrote:

I Can only run om batterypower. I have turned motiondetector Down to minimum. I dont get much video. The doorbell ringes 1-2 times pr. Week max

What happens if you disable motion recordings altogether?  (Putting the system in standby, or removing the rule for the doorbell in the mode you are using).

Also, try measuring your internet speed at the doorbell location with your phone.  The free Ookla (speedtest) app is good for this.  Disable mobile data during the test, to make sure you are testing your wifi speed.  Note the upload speed is what matters.

Even if the doorbell is close to the router, metal can block the signal.  In my case a screen door and aluminum wrap on the doorframe creates some challenges.  Stucco walls generally have a metal mesh underneath, and some construction has metal flashing under the siding.

blund
Aspirant
Aspirant

The batteyi goes from 100 % to 10 % in 2-3 weeks no matter what the settings are. The only thing i could imagine is the internet signal is week. Will this have influence on the battery?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blund wrote:

The only thing i could imagine is the internet signal is weak. Will this have influence on the battery?

Yes it will.

Did you try my suggestion to test your internet speed in post 4???

If you have, then what upload speed are you measuring when you put the phone near the doorbell?

blund
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upload speed is 285,08

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blund wrote:

Upload speed is 285,08

That means it's not the doorbell's wifi connection.