Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

AVD4001 Badge count syncing across mobile devices stopped after App upgrade.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joe-F
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently added an Arlo Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) AVD4001 to my account.  This replaced my tired old version AVD1001.  As part of the replacement I was required to update the Arlo app to a newer version. 4.13 (7415).  I like all the features of the new version, but the event notification badges no longer sync across my two devices (iPhone and iPad).  On the old app, clearing notifications on either device updated the notification badge count on the other device.  With the new app, if I view notifications on either device and clear them, the other device will no longer have those events either but will still have the badge count even though all events are gone. There then is no way to remove the badge count on that device other than clearing the next one that comes in on that device, but now it's left hanging on the other device so it's a Catch 22! Such a nuisance that I've turned off badges completely on my iPad since most viewing/clearing is done on my phone. Anyone else experienced this?  Removing and re-installing the apps on both devices made no difference. 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joe-F,

Are you logged into the same account on both devices or are you using a shared account to log in to the secondary device?

JamesC

Joe-F
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same account both devices. I am the account owner with my wife having view only on her phone (Her badges never clear and are in the hundreds now).  On the previous app my iPhone and iPad were mirror images of each other with regards to event logging and badge clearing. The problem started when I was required to update the app to install the new version doorbell.  Thanks!