Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4001 doorbell camera along with 4 pro5 cameras and a 4540 hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
boneman4069
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just purchased a 4001 doorbell camera along with 4 pro5 cameras and a 4540 hub, thinking I'd put all the cameras on the hub to avoid subscription. . . Silly me!  The free trial just ended on the doorbell and it's now useless .  . And when I try to add it to the hub I only get the option to add it to wifi.

I found, on here, that the ability to connect to hub is coming in a future software upgrade . . . Hmmm . . .maybe?

Is there any way around this?

I had also thought to use one of my cameras on a separate wifi network (starlink) and use that cam to guard my camper . . Will this be seen as another location and incur a separate subscription fee?

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@boneman4069 wrote:

I found, on here, that the ability to connect to hub is coming in a future software upgrade . . . Hmmm . . .maybe?

The only workaround is to get a single camera subscription until they roll out smarthub support for the camera.

@boneman4069 wrote:

I had also thought to use one of my cameras on a separate wifi network (starlink) and use that cam to guard my camper . . Will this be seen as another location and incur a separate subscription fee?

That depends on whether you set up a second location in the app, or not.

You'd lose some flexibility with only one location (simplest not to use geofencing when the camper isn't at your home, and the three modes would be shared across your home and the camper).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@boneman4069 wrote:

The only workaround is to get a single camera subscription until they roll out smarthub support for the camera.

@boneman4069 wrote:

That depends on whether you set up a second location in the app, or not.

You'd lose some flexibility with only one location (simplest not to use geofencing when the camper isn't at your home, and the three modes would be shared across your home and the camper).

boneman4069
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, I would be using the 4th cam in the same app as when out camping I also want to keep a  eye on home. Thanks

boneman4069
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't see the front door cam listed in the subscription section? Is it somewhere else?

I do see all the other devices with "free trial" beside them.  . 

boneman4069
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found it, thanks again Stephen