Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good morning all, unfortunately I am also starting to have issues again. The issue is not happening all the time but it has started around December 26 for me.  I won't receive any smart notifications from motion triggered within our activity zones where it normally works completely fine. Example, on December 26 an Amazon delivery person walked down my driveway to put a package at my backdoor but I did not receive any smart notifications from the driveway camera when they were walking down the driveway to deliver it or when they left (I should have received two person notifications).  On a second example, last night someone came to our front door where we always receive a person smart notification from our front yard camera did not receive any smart notification or no recording in the library.

I have opened case #41359733 today, emailed Mark from L3 Arlo support who helped me a few weeks ago with beta testing the new base station and camera firmware and tweeted a direct message to the Arlo CEO Mark a well all this morning in hopes of raising awareness to resolve sooner than later.

Lastly, I believe more Arlo camera owners out there are having issues but just are not noticing it because it is sporadic for me.  So if Arlo owners are not paying 100% attention they may not notice they are not receiving all the notifications and recordings missing from the libraries.  Lastly, I believe I read someone else posted on this forum their issues started occurring on December 25 and they stopped receiving all notifications and nothing is being recorded in their library :(.

@JamesC could you please make sure your connections at Arlo are aware please.

thank you all,

175 REPLIES 175
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I see a few listing the 26th and it would seem something other than the app itself but I would think there must be some connection.  Both my android and the wife's i phone were working until 5 pm on the 28th.  Both quit within 10 minutes of me updating the android to the 12/24 update.  Now they are two different apps however it's not likely to be just coincidence.  The question would be what could be the connection.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @LandJS 

My issues are sporadic, whereas sometimes I will not receive smart notifications from my 2 Ultra cameras with motion triggered within my defined activity zones.

On December 26 throughout the day I had received smart notifications and recordings in my from both my cameras.  Before the 634pm EST incident with the Amazon delivery person and still receive notifications and recordings in my library afterwards as well.  It was this one incident on December that should have triggered two notifications and two recordings.  And since that day there has been one or so missing smart notifications and recordings.

Thanks!!!

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Best Buy must really hate me by now, this will be my third Arlo camera returned in the last month (preceded by AP3 and Ultra). However, it is the only thing a fed up customer can do, before getting stuck with useless junk.

So sad to see this company failing this way.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Mine sometimes work to and it varies which ones do.  With 7 cameras that's about 3 times as many chances as two.  For $2200 I expect a better product.   But for it all to be working and stop after an update, what can I think

d23wilson
Star
Star

Me too...base station vmb4000 with arlo pro 2. Last 2 days missing a lot of motion, but picking up some....agree they damn well playing with our firmware for testing again. hate these guys and how they do this to us.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just curious LandJS, if you are using any iOS devices? If you are, for the notification settings. Do you have ‘badges’ and ‘sounds’ enabled or disabled?
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just curious MJbeuke, if you are using any iOS devices? If you are, for the notification settings. Do you have ‘badges’ and ‘sounds’ enabled or disabled?
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

On my wife's i phone 8 both sounds and badges are on.  This has been the first time in 11 1/2 months her notifications have failed at least when the system is working.  They have been working again today as far as I can tell.  That is based on whether or not I know a camera has been triggered or not.  Also I haven't looked at my SD card today to see if there was something I missed, it's a football day lol.  At the end of the day, I'm just tired of it.  A product that cost what this does should not have these issues a year after release and with all the hidden costs.  I could have had 2 years of 24/7 service for the price and with the plan price increase would almost pay the monthly fee after those two years.  I'm stuck with it but have already talked a family member two friends and two customers at BestBuy out of buying.  BestBuy didn't like it but don't care.  Their people have never seen these sites so customers listen to an owner.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Ultra cameras are also having issues with notifications/recordings. Like others have already noted, they are not working consistently. This is extremely frustrating. 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Pulled out of my driveway, no Cloud notification no Cloud recording. Interesting my SD card did record it. But zero notifications on the ultra camera
ej28405
Guide
Guide
Count me in too. I am also having the same issue with recordings not populating in the app and push notifications not coming thru to my iPhone. This worked flawlessly in the past. I added a Arlo video doorbell to my 2 ultra camera kit last week and the issue seem to start a few days after. Never had this problem until within the last week. If I restart my devices or smart hub or doorbell it buys a little time and works properly but seems to revert back to not working within a few hours-ish or so. Really hoping this is resolved soon. I was considering adding another camera but not going to do that until this issue is addressed. Thanks
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi EJ!

One question, with your iPhone and Arlo notification settings. Do you have ‘badges’ and ‘sounds’ enabled?

Also, do you have access granted to your significant other. And if you do, are there badges and sounds enabled under notification settings?

Thanks in advance!
ej28405
Guide
Guide
Yes all badges, sounds, & notifications are enabled. Literally nothing has changed other than it was working and now it’s not. At least from a Push notification and recording aspect. Live stream works fine. We share a login, I don’t use the grant access feature.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
@n1976jmk I have an iPhone XS Max, and my wife has an iPhone X both on 13.3 - and both of us have badges and notifications enabled. Still sporadic and missing videos this morning.....

I think the guy a few posts back said it best. At the end of the day having been invested $2k+ deep into this system and having wasted countless hours of my time in a year - all for it to go to hell in a hand basket almost weekly and waste countless more time just to figure out some aspect of the system isn’t working as designed and as advertised - it just stings over and over again. That is the exact reason Arlo will continue to bleed their beat customers - the ones who would otherwise be telling people at Best Buy how great it is - and ergo isn’t sustainable long term....

I’ll offer again to help with any firmware testing or anything I can do to assist in the meantime. I really hope you guys find a way to smooth things over in 2020

@Arlo_Alex @JamesC

NormCouturier
Guide
Guide

Here also.    I am missing some videos where I know there is motion.  Seems random - I've been looking for a pattern, or a "smoking gun" technical issue, but have found none.  The problem has been happening for a couple of weeks.

I have 2 base stations and 7 Pro cameras - no noticeable issues, error messages, or complete failures - it just randomly ignores activity from any one or more of the cameras - no particular sequence, grouping, time-of-day, ...

IMO - This is a cloud service issue - not my local hardware.

For Arlo support folks:  Yes, I have done all the required troubleshooting, multiple times over the last couple of weeks - re-booted base stations, re-installed/updated iOS apps, checked my internet connection and bandwidth regularly (60+MB/sec consistently).  Then I come to this forum and find out that so many others are experiencing similar symptoms.

I have wasted countless hours of my time "troubleshooting" Arlo service issues over the last several months - every time, it has been either iOS app bugs, or Arlo cloud service issues - never my hardware or installation.  This is getting really old.

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Hi All,

This problem has been around for a while it seems.  I have a several Arlo Pro 2 cams as well as a doorbell and chime.  I have a subset of the cameras on a CVR subscription as well as Arlo smart premier.  I have noticed that when video clips are recorded in the library they do not show up at the same place in the timeline when looking at the CVR video saved to the cloud.  I do see the green bar at the correct time in the timeline however no video that matches the recording clip in the library.  

For example I have a video clip from motion detection at 11:00AM.  I go to 11:00AM in the camera's timeline and see the green bar below that time indicating motion.  However the video does not match the clip.

This has seemingly been a problem ever since I got my setup a year ago.  Has anyone solved this issue yet?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Clearly no fix yet.  From 6 AM till noon 7 of 12 videos made it to the SD card but not the cloud, therefore no notification.  During that same time frame 3 cameras failed to trigger for a vehicle with no video to the cloud or SD card.

LINKx12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Add me to the list! Haha not something to be proud of but my new ultra cameras are failing to trigger, sometimes record to the sdcard but not to the cloud. Really annoying because you get these cameras for security and they cant even do that! You had 1 job
Kmc1007
Initiate
Initiate

I’m sorry to say that I am having this same issue. I’ve had my system installed for less than a week, and i have no consistency in notifications. Most of the times, my notifications come from movement outside of my activity zones. But when I drive into my garage.....nothing. Soooo frustrating that I’ve spent $1k on a system that doesn’t notify me when I want it to, and does when I don’t. 

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks @Mjbeuke for responding.

Has it been any better the last couple days?

I do not believe I have had any issues with missing notifications or recordings in my library for the last couple days but I have not heard back from anyone at Arlo Support L3 yet.

ej28405
Guide
Guide
Any idea from the Netgear Arlo team what the heck is going on and when a solution is going to be in place? This is not acceptable. Has there been a response? The issue obviously seems widespread if there are so many other customers on this thread with the same issue.

Please help us Arlo team 😞
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@NormCouturier :

I know exactly what you mean and how you feel.......have been doing a lot of that myself over last four years. Sorry to say it, but not much has changed, new products pushed out at a very fast pace but always same mess caused by every other firmware update.

Now we add the cloud services they’re pushing so hard on their customers and there is so much more to screw around with. Subscribe to the Arlo Smart service and we end up with even more back-end troubles.

Mikearends
Tutor
Tutor
I have had nothing but problems since day 1 with my system. It stops recording and or detecting motion on every camera in the system at different times; have called customer support over 1 dozen times and tried every possible troubleshooting step there is.
I believe my base station is defective, they promised to send me 1 replacement camera to troubleshoot but it’s been over 2 weeks and still not here. If it was stable it would be a great system and if they would stand behind their products when they don’t work they would be a great company
Mikearends
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same problem
And I am willing to bet there are many others
I have to reboot hub all the time to fix the problem
I bet a lot of people don’t realise their systems are not recording
ej28405
Guide
Guide
I had an older gen Arlo camera and base station and just recently upgraded to a 2 Ultra camera kit And added on the old camera. Never had a problem with either until I added the doorbell video camera last week. Is there a chance this would be causing it? Wonder if there is any commonality to these issues and having both ultra cameras mixed with the video doorbell? I’m really not sure but just throwing it out there as a possibility? Actually everything, doorbell included, worked fine for the first few days and then within the last couple days or so is when everything started going downhill.