Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

microSD, SDHC, or SDXC for Alro Ultra - Size Limits, Speed Requirements and Segmentation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Obi1BonJovi
Follower
Follower

I see than an existing article explains that "...the Arlo SmartHub accepts microSD cards, SDHC, or SDXC. We recommend that you use a microSD card with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS1, V10. The Arlo SmartHub supports up to class 10 UHS-3 V90 class microSD cards."

A handful of important questions that I haven't found answered in the forum: 

1.) For local recording of up to (4) Arlo Ultra Camera's in 4K mode, what is the *minimum* speed requirement on the card?

2.) Is there a ceiling on the maximum card size that Arlo's SmartHub can accomodate (i.e. 128GB, 256GB)? 

3.) For *each* Arlo Ultra recording in 4K, what is the estimated storage size required per minute of recording?

4.) Does the Arlo Ultra (via the SmartHub), record in "video block" of say, 5 minute at a time, or does it record in one continuous segment?

Thanks for any feedback the community might offer!

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not sure about the rest but 

2. 256GB max

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@Obi1BonJovi wrote:

I see than an existing article explains that "...the Arlo SmartHub accepts microSD cards, SDHC, or SDXC. We recommend that you use a microSD card with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS1, V10. The Arlo SmartHub supports up to class 10 UHS-3 V90 class microSD cards."

A handful of important questions that I haven't found answered in the forum: 

1.) For local recording of up to (4) Arlo Ultra Camera's in 4K mode, what is the *minimum* speed requirement on the card?

3.) For *each* Arlo Ultra recording in 4K, what is the estimated storage size required per minute of recording?

For 1) "We recommend that you use a microSD card with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS1, V10."  Those are 10 Mbyte/second cards.

For 3) My Ultras have been using about 1.8 Mbits/sec in 4K mode per camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation