Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

microSD, SDHC, or SDXC for Alro Ultra - Size Limits, Speed Requirements and Segmentation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Follower
Follower

I see than an existing article explains that "...the Arlo SmartHub accepts microSD cards, SDHC, or SDXC. We recommend that you use a microSD card with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS1, V10. The Arlo SmartHub supports up to class 10 UHS-3 V90 class microSD cards."

A handful of important questions that I haven't found answered in the forum: 

1.) For local recording of up to (4) Arlo Ultra Camera's in 4K mode, what is the *minimum* speed requirement on the card?

2.) Is there a ceiling on the maximum card size that Arlo's SmartHub can accomodate (i.e. 128GB, 256GB)? 

3.) For *each* Arlo Ultra recording in 4K, what is the estimated storage size required per minute of recording?

4.) Does the Arlo Ultra (via the SmartHub), record in "video block" of say, 5 minute at a time, or does it record in one continuous segment?

Thanks for any feedback the community might offer!

Highlighted
Master Master
Master

Not sure about the rest but 

2. 256GB max

Highlighted
Master Master
Master

@Obi1BonJovi wrote:

I see than an existing article explains that "...the Arlo SmartHub accepts microSD cards, SDHC, or SDXC. We recommend that you use a microSD card with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS1, V10. The Arlo SmartHub supports up to class 10 UHS-3 V90 class microSD cards."

A handful of important questions that I haven't found answered in the forum: 

1.) For local recording of up to (4) Arlo Ultra Camera's in 4K mode, what is the *minimum* speed requirement on the card?

3.) For *each* Arlo Ultra recording in 4K, what is the estimated storage size required per minute of recording?

For 1) "We recommend that you use a microSD card with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS1, V10."  Those are 10 Mbyte/second cards.

For 3) My Ultras have been using about 1.8 Mbits/sec in 4K mode per camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation