Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
QuantumJay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I’m looking to purchase an Arlo Ultra but I’m a little lost when it comes to the subscriptions.

When the 1 year trial has run out can i purchase the smart subscription per camera? What is the cost, how many days cloud recording does it have and what is the data size limit (10GB?). Also will the video only be in 1080p?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@QuantumJay wrote:
 nor the data cap.

There is no data cap - retention for the various plans is specified in days, not GB.

Pricing of course will change over time.  Arlo Smart for a single camera would cost you ~$3/month at the moment, and give you 30 day retention.  If you want 4K recording, then it would be ~$5/month.   More options are here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/default.aspx?cid=app

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

QuantumJay,

Take a look at this article that goes over your options after the 1 year free plan ends: What options will I have when the Arlo Smart Premier 1-year service plan ends?

With an Arlo Smart subscription, recordings to the cloud will be made up to 1080p. For 4K recordings, you would need a PVR subscription. For details on PVR, take a look here: What Arlo subscription do I need to record videos with 4K resolution?

JamesC

QuantumJay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James,

I took a look at the article but it doesn’t provide any cost information nor the data cap.

I’m only going to have the one camera so just trying to work out the best option between the per camera option and the premier package.

Thanks.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@QuantumJay wrote:
 nor the data cap.

There is no data cap - retention for the various plans is specified in days, not GB.

Pricing of course will change over time.  Arlo Smart for a single camera would cost you ~$3/month at the moment, and give you 30 day retention.  If you want 4K recording, then it would be ~$5/month.   More options are here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/default.aspx?cid=app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation