Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bengower
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS app stops receiving geofencing, motion and other notifications when app automatically logs itself out. Tech support says the app is designed to log out for security reasons. This doesn’t make any sense. Why have a security system that stops sending you alerts by design when something is detected. Help please - this has been happening since installation and appears to be a serious design flaw.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that I've ever left the app open long enough for it to log out. It will timeout but not log out. If logged out, the app isn't working in the background so can't supply push notifications. If you just swipe it away, it's backgrounded. 

Bengower
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks - it is definitely logging out of the app as it is asking me to log back in a day or so later and as as soon as I do all of the notifications start flowing again. It’s a pain because you have to constantly check that the system is logged in and if you don’t the entire system just shuts down. Do you have any suggested solutions as the Arlo tech team told me it was designed to do this and just doesn’t make any sense that the system would be designed this way. No one else seems to be complaining about it!
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
This happens to me or my wifes iphones every so often - although not constantly as you describe.

It usually happens to my wife's phone where she somehow gets logged out and has to log back into her account. When this happens the geofencing is broke while she's logged out - and while she's home we will suddently get a million notifications of recordings signaling that we need to log her back in....

One more wonky unexplainable issue with this system..... i have about 5 different mystery scenarios I'm actively trying to troubleshoot - including direct storage access literally disappeared as an option for me.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bengower

I have a few questions for you:

• Which model iPhone are you using?
  • What is the version of the Arlo mobile app installed?
  • Which version of iOS is installed on your iPhone?
Bengower
Aspirant
Aspirant
IPhone X
IOS 13.7
Version 2.21
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to the latest iOS 14.2 & test again? Are you sure no one else is logging in to your admin account on another device? This would cause you to be logged out as well.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation