Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS 13 Arlo Ultra homekit?

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Hopefully it’s soon!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news! Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras!

For more information, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras

JamesC

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Vernhunt
Tutor
Tutor
I hope it’s soon too. But can Someone from Arlo confirm that Arlo will in fact support this? Arlo’s name was not mentioned on stage at the Apple WWDC event and it’s only 3rd party websites that seem to be reporting that Arlo is going to support it so not sure where they are getting that news from?
Brino1
Initiate
Initiate
Having spent a lot of money on a set of Ultra cameras, the community messages lead to only one conclusion. Arlo are not being transparent. This tends to have bad repercussions for companies. ARLO - it really looks like you’ve messed up here - try and redeem yourselves with some honest communication with customers!
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
I bought mine because the press release said q1 for homekit. It's q3 and no updates. I wonder if apple offering cloud storage for homekit cameras is impacting arlos decision to enable it. Seems possible some revenue could be lost if we don't require arlo to store our videos......
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HomeKit is now available for Pro and Pro 2 cameras, for more information on this and how to set up with HomeKit, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras!

HomeKit compatibility for Ultra is slated to be released in Q4. We will keep you updated as new information arrives.

JamesC

MedStudent
Star
Star
This is beyond disappointing like everything else.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news! Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras!

For more information, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras

JamesC

TNArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Great!! How do we get the Homekit code?

Hoops
Guide
Guide

Mine seems to be stuck at the "Discovering your device. Please wait." stage. Doesn't seem to ever get past this no matter how long I leave it. I went into Settings -> My Devices -> [Selected one of my hubs] -> HomeKit Set up.

Will this integration allow me to tell Siri to disable my system when it is in Geofencing mode? This doesn't work from Google Assistant when I am in Geofencing mode. This seems to be a limitation on the integration - it works when going from "Armed" to "Disarmed" and vice versa but as soon as I use "Geofencing" or any custom mode I can't disable the system.  This makes the Google Assistant integration useless IMO. I'm hoping the same is not true of HomeKit. 

rbhr
Aspirant
Aspirant
This made my evening. And it actually works!!! 🙂
TNArlo
Tutor
Tutor

How did you get it to work?

There is no Homekit button in my Arlo app. If I go to Homekit app and try to add Basestation it ask for Homekit code. There's no Homekit code on the box or on Basestation? 

Thanks

rbhr
Aspirant
Aspirant

*edit:   see here:   https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit

A couple of weeks ago my basestation started showing up as a HomeKit device but as you say you can't pair to it outside of the Arlo app since there is no code.

Today I opened the Arlo app and it popped up and said something like HomeKit is now available for your hub and the next screen will ask you for permission to read your HomeKit data.

In the settings part of the Arlo app, you will get a new menu item called "HomeKit".

The devices had done a firmware update. Perhaps manually check for updates.

Jramadan
Star
Star
Does this fix any lag? I’m regretting this purchase of ultra cameras. I feel like the reviews online were totally bogus.
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

It doesnt work.. Like a lot of the Arlo "Features"

PepeTheFish
Initiate
Initiate
I downloaded the new app and confirmed my base station’s model and firmware version are correct as noted in the article, yet the app still does not show the HomeKit menu option.

Sadly walking away kicking rocks, mumbling, and slowly getting to a boiling gut wrenching scream —— WHY DO THEY KEEP LYING TO US!!!!! All I need is a little Home kiiiiittttttt in my life........
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I eventually got it to work by deleting everything, all base station, cameras and accounts. but them Home kit wont connect to the Home hub remotely.. Everything I have ever tried to set up with this product has failed.

PepeTheFish
Initiate
Initiate
I tried removing all cameras chimes doorbells and the base station. Resetting and re-adding them all, and ensuring that the HomeKit option was enabled for the Arlo App in iOS settings. Results = Nothing not even a hint that the option exists in the apps menu structure.
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Home kit video is really bad when compared to the Arlo app, even in SD mode, and you dont get audio when outside of the home WiFi network and using the Home Hub functionality in the Apple TV, this is an Apple Homekit limitation I believe.

You also cant set up the recording etc in Home kit, but you can automate a light coming on if motion is detected. So sort of useful, but not really. For best results I have to set the Apple TV to "Never Sleep" and I had to set a static IP on the Apple TV, or when switching from internal network to external the Arlo would go offline for a while. (10 minutes or so) until it sorted itself out again.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I sort of got it to work.. in Arlo last that is around 50% of the time.. but I gave up on it.. I then bought the doorbell. If you want to experience pure incompetence.. get one of these, these dont work at all.. Just crashes the app across all iphone models iOS 12 and 13.. I haven't seen a released product in this condition before.. I'm not sure how they thought this was ready.. It's about alpha one testing state..

darns71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have followed the instructions😤. I opened Arlo app, selected devices, smart hub, and there is no Home kit to be found. There is no home kit code to be found on the base station/quickstart guide. A complete mystery! I have searched through support, all I find is frustrated customers with the same problem and no feedback for them and or solutions.  

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

The only way I got it to show up was to delete everything back to default, delete the app and start again.

darns71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, I have the base station show up in Home kit, (add accessory) but I have no 8 digit code. 

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

You dont need the number if you set it up via this menu in the Aro App. The number and the QC code options just automate this if you have them. Once you get the menu the rest of the set up is quite easy and straightforward.

darns71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Its easier said than done. I have iPhone 11Pro, google WiFi router connected to my modem. I deleted the Arlo smart hub from the Arlo app. I made sure my phone's WiFi was connected to my modem (where the Arlo smart hub is connected). I reinstalled the smart hub on the Arlo app. (The Homekit setup became visible). I followed instructions reinstalling cameras. Apple HomeKit works but I have to have my phone on the modem WiFi connection. When naming the cameras for HomeKit and Siri, for starters, I couldn't see what I was typing and then I found that it wouldn't accept whatever I typed in. eg. Backyard Camera (it automatically tabs forward after typing camera). It only accepted the word after I backspaced to the end of the word. I took me ages of trial and error. I'd hate to be someone with less patience and time on my hands. 

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Only streams in 1080p can we get 4k homekit support?
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation