Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hardware difference between the "early" and "latest" Ultra models ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
micmac51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

is there a hardware difference between the early 2019 and the after april  2019 Ultra models ?

I am about to buy a second hand 4 cam Ultra set, but the date of production is not known. I wouldn't buy them if there could be a hardware difference which might impeech the initial problems to be resolved by firmware update.

Also, if the  1 year of Arlo Smart Premier service has been activated by the previous buyer, can the remaining months be transfered to the new buyer or is this free year completely lost and will I have to pay the whole fee since now ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I know of no differences - probably too soon to have hardware revisions. In any event, it's generally been shown that there's no functional difference between hardware versions of the other cameras - some have tried to make that claim but it hasn't borne out in reality.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I know of no differences - probably too soon to have hardware revisions. In any event, it's generally been shown that there's no functional difference between hardware versions of the other cameras - some have tried to make that claim but it hasn't borne out in reality.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

micmac51,

Adding to jguerdat's comment. The 1 year free Arlo Smart plan is not transferable once claimed.

JamesC

micmac51
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ jguerdat & JamesC

thank you for your help Smiley Happy

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation