Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
**good news**

Today I updated one of my Apple test devices using my dev account from iOS 12.4.1 to iOS 13.1 beta 3.

When the iPhone was running iOS 12 it already have the newer Arlo app on it and working. When I updated it today to IOS 13.1 beta 3 Arlo notifications continued to work when I was running iOS 13!!!! Great news!!

Just not sure why?

Did something change on the backend at Arlo?

When I tested the new Arlo app with iOS 13 two weeks ago the notifications didn’t work at all.

Did it make a difference I had the newer Arlo app running and working on iOS 12 before I took the device to iOS 13?

The only difference from two weeks ago was a) it was a little older beta (13.1 beta 1) and b) I installed the newer Arlo app fresh on iOS 13 when I was deleting the legacy Arlo app.

Even someone rang our doorbell and my iPhone rang 😊😊😊
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with push notifications. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@n1976jmk wrote:

Did something change on the backend at Arlo?

Not sure about the backend, but they did push an app update (to 2.8.1) on 16 September.  So you likely installed the updated app this week.

mikejd1
Star
Star
Not working here. iOS 13 beta 3. No go.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Stephen, the app update from Sept 16 was for Android. There has been no Apple Arlo app update yet.

Thanks!
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Mike, the difference I believe for this time versus two weeks ago when it didn’t work for me on iOS 13.

Is I had the iPhone at iOS 12.4.1 with the newer Arlo app working then I updated the phone to iOS 13.1 beta 3.

With this said and if you have the energy. Roll your phone back to iOS 12 and test the newer Arlo app then go back to iOS 13 and see if it works for you too!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@n1976jmk wrote:
Hi Stephen, the app update from Sept 16 was for Android. There has been no Apple Arlo app update yet.

Thanks for correcting that.  As you might guess, I'm an Android user.  I do have an iPad, but I don't use it much with Arlo (and it's wifi-only so I don't really care about notifications on the iPad).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with push notifications. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I just checked my App Store and the Arlo approved for iOS 13 is listed to update 😊😊😊 (screenshot attached)

But I’m nervous to be one of the first to try 😂😂😂
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now everyone at Arlo DO NOT TOUCH THE APP it works Smiley Happy

Patpritesh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated Arlo app 2.9 and my iPhone 8 is running 12.4.1 and no notifications. Not sure where is the issue .
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation