Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wrong business model for private homes

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
digitaldias
Guide
Guide

It has now been a year, and I have to decide wether to buy a subscription for each of my cameras for cloud storage, or wait (in vain) for the ability to record detected movement to my own NAS, which, according to the forum, has been vividly asked for since 2015. 

I understand that the business model of Arlo to some extent has a cost for the cloud storage for each of the cameras, but with the suggested pricing, there is just no way that you will have any traction on that model. For some, maybe, but the vast majority of us will not agree to pay the kind of money you're asking PER camera. 

I would suggest a new model for you: Allow me to pay a monthly maintenance fee in order to keep my activity zones, but record to a local NAS. This way, you can still milk me (and anyone else) for some monthly income, whilst allowing us to utilize the hardware as we see fit, with activity zones and recording. 

My (realistic) expectation though, is that you insist on the ludicrous model you have now, which will also have me toss the hardware into nature, and buy something that has a little less greedy model for private homes.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation