Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Working with multiple Smart Base Stations for Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ryan_Nuo
Follower
Follower

I Purchased two Arlo Ultra Smart Base Stations for use in my house. Occasionally, I move the Arlo Ultra cameras  around my house and this affect the signal they receive from their Smart Base they are paired to. Also, at night, I want to switch off one of the Smart Base Station located near my bedroom to avoid its radiowave from affecting my sleep/health. Is there a way to make the Arlo Ultra Cameras more intelligent so that they will automatically switch to the next available Smart Base Station or to the Base Station offering the strongest connection signal?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Ultra cams will NOT auto switch over to another base unit... they will stay connected to the base you sync'ed it to.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And turning off the base/hub will cause the batteries in the cameras to run down due to trying to connect to the non-existent base.

With all the other emissions of low and high frequency devices, turning the base off would have minimal, if any, effect, especially if there's any real distance between you and the base (power falls off at the rate of the square of the distance).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation