Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will I be able to use my Pro in combination with Ultra on the new Ultra Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Disco_Stu_
Follower
Follower

Hello kind folks, 

As per title, I currently own five Arlo Pro's, however, wish to venture into Arlo Ultra ownership and intend to purchase the three pack with base station.

My question is likely simple, however, I would like verification prior to purchase. I would like to understand whether, with the new Arlo Ultra's and included Ultra base station, will I be able to use my Arlo Pro's in combination with the Ultra's on the new (Ultra bundled)  base station?

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Disco_Stu_ wrote:

I would like to understand whether, with the new Arlo Ultra's and included Ultra base station, will I be able to use my Arlo Pro's in combination with the Ultra's on the new (Ultra bundled)  base station?

You can, and I do have Pro 2 cameras connected to a VMB5000 base.  However, 8 cameras is a lot to connect to one base, so I'd recommend using both bases.

Ultras do require a paid subscription for cloud storage, so you should be aware of that.  You'd need Secure Plus to get 4K storage (Secure will get you 2K).

You'll still get the 7-day free cloud storage with the Pros.  Though the current multicamera plans have no limit for the cameras, so you can just add them to the subscription. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

You can, and I do have Pro 2 cameras connected to a VMB5000 base.  However, 8 cameras is a lot to connect to one base, so I'd recommend using both bases.

That's what I do. And there is a good reason to keep an VMB4000 base if that is what you own. It is the last hub with a piercingly loud siren. You don't even have to attach cameras to it if you don't find the need. Just use it as an alarm.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation