Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When Arlo Ultra connects, only streams videos. Doesn't take pic or record.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 Arlo Pro 2 with their Base Station. They work perfectly. Now I bought an Arlo Ultra, which does nothing or even is a pain.
When connected she only streams video, doesn’t take pics and doesn’t record. Not only manually but even automatically. That means that when I go to Mode Armed, I can’t change the settings: the Arlo Ultra is in Detect Motion and No Action and that’s all. I also have Push notifications enabled and I can’t deactivate that: the save button is greyed. That means that when I use Modality armed I receive constantly push notifications from Ultra alerting me that there was a motion, but if I check the library of course there are no recordings and if I watch the stream it is too late too see what triggered it. So it is completely useless. To avoid to be stalked by these messages I’m forced to deactivate the Ultra or i couldn’t use the other cams to perform surveillance. So WHAT CAN I DO WITH THAT CAMERA? NOTHING

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, I suffered a little but finally I could add the Arlo Ultra. I had to deactivate the router extender (I don’t know if this is the reason why I couldn’t add it). After that I could change and save (on PC) the setting related to the Push Messages/Notifications.
I think I will sent back the Ultra cam to the seller: a surveillance cam that doesn’t record if there is motion has no interest as a surveillance cam.
Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

While live steaming in 4k you can not manually record or take snapshots. You can if 4k is off, not sure why but it is the same on pro3

Have you tried on another device or the web page at my.arlo.com to see if you can set it to your pro2 settings there. Your Ultra should be on the free premier trial for smart and cloud recordings. 

patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
4k is off. But on or off nothing changes, I can’t select automatic recordings triggered by motion, I have permanent “do nothing” and “push sms” if there is motion.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried resetting the cam by taking the battery out and back in or removing it in device setting and adding it again. 

patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
I tried taking out the battery. No result. Then I tried to remove the device. I can’t add it again, the app doesn’t see the Ultra cam. I will try again after removing the router extender. Wait for me.
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, I suffered a little but finally I could add the Arlo Ultra. I had to deactivate the router extender (I don’t know if this is the reason why I couldn’t add it). After that I could change and save (on PC) the setting related to the Push Messages/Notifications.
I think I will sent back the Ultra cam to the seller: a surveillance cam that doesn’t record if there is motion has no interest as a surveillance cam.
Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation