Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
EdM-Arlo
Star
Star

The reviews of Arlo Ultra on Amazon (and all other sites that sell it) are HORRIBLE.  What is wrong with this product and does Arlo plan to fix it any time soon?

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rated 3.5 stars out of five... with 67% 4 or 5 .

Not a bad rating IMO... But yes the Ultra is going thru growing pain like most of the cameras when newly introduced.

Then again , thinking more little things could have been fixed prior to release.

Biggest complaints seem to be

1) not 4K;  which depends on if your display unit supports it and zoomed in you loose it...also 4K recording which is a paid service after a year.

2) need a new base over older units.

I run one and it works well but could be better... I really do like the audio from the camera, it picks up quite well and the 180 d view is nice along with the auto tracking feature.

Time will time , but I think it will improve.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
EdM-Arlo
Star
Star

I think Arlo released this product WAY TO EARLY and it is ruining their good reputation. I am now looking at other brands of monitoring cameras and leaving Arlo altogether. Arlo worked hard to build up their clientele, but they are losing us now to a really crummy product like Arlo Ultra.  They need to fix it ASAP.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EdM-Arlo,

Many improvements have been made for Ultra through firmware releases since it's original launch. Do you have an Ultra system? Is there a specific issue you are experiencing?

The development team is continuing to work hard to resolve reported issues.

JamesC

EdM-Arlo
Star
Star

No, I do not have an Arlo Ultra system yet; I was planning to buy one very soon and place cameras all over the outside of my house.  Then I read the Amazon, Walmart and other reviews and was shocked at how badly Ultra has worked for those that own the system.  I have an Arlo Pro 2 system which I am generally happy with but at this point I really cannot trust Arlo to do the right thing anymore.  It is not right to unload a half-baked product on the market before it is ready.  That is a betrayal of trust and shows massive incompetence and lack of judgement.  After the Arlo-Ultra disaster I can never trust Arlo again.  Now I have to look at other camera systems and try to find one that actually does what it claims to do.

brh
Master
Master

@EdM-Arlo,

After I got my first Ultra kit, I was so impressed with them that I have purchased 6 more of them. Yes, there were many problems at first, but now mine are working as well and reliably as my Pro and Pro2 systems and I have nearly replaced all of my outdoor cameras with the Ultra cameras. I may be the exception, but I am able to only use one hub for all of them, whereas before, it took 2 base stations to achieve similar range.  There are many variables to consider when reading reviews and I can't guarantee that you will have the same experience as me, but if you are happy with your earlier systems, you should be happy with the Ultras.

Brian

EdM-Arlo
Star
Star

Perhaps the Arlo Ultra system is much better than it was when it was first released.  You say your system works just fine.  Others say it sucks.  I have no way to know what experience I would have with it.  What gets me is the massive dishonesty and deceit that Arlo management demonstrated by releasing Arlo Ultra before they got the bugs out of it (assuming they have).  Once a management demonstrates they cannot be trusted, they cannot be trusted; period.  They ruined the goodwill they once had with their customers.

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've had the ultra since 1-16-2019 when they where first released. Sure there has been some problems, but the updates seem to always improve the overall performance. I was one of first to discover to move the hub away from the router and and I have been satisfied since 1-30-2019.
DinoP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Newly bought Arlo Ultra. It literally didnt even last a day! Set it up in the evening on the day I purchased and on the next day, Ultra base went offline. No amount of troubleshooting I did could get it back to being detected (powered off then on again, did a factory reset, changed the ethernet cable - did all these several times too).

So there you go, another bad review for you.... I just created another post of my problem here and will wait if I get any help before sending the unit back to the retailer where i bought it.

Mind you, I also owned an Arlo Pro 2 before!... it lasted with me for about 10 months then it played up too... I ended up returning it to Amazon... I then purchased the Ultra thinking I might just had a bad luck in getting an Arlo Pro 2 lemon unit before, but with the Ultra it was even a worse experience for me (imagine a device that cost a lot and couldn't even last for a day!) I might just get a refund of this Ultra and never buy Arlo again to be honest... 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I've had Arlo cameras for about five years now. I recently bought a 2 camera kit of the Arlo Ultra. I can tell you I feel the Arlo Ultra Works excellent many improvements. I have zero problems with the system
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Some of the problems being mentioned here sounds to me like you have an internet connection problem with your home
brh
Master
Master

Johnny290 said, "I've had Arlo cameras for about five years now. I recently bought a 2 camera kit of the Arlo Ultra. I can tell you I feel the Arlo Ultra Works excellent many improvements. I have zero problems with the system."

Same here. Great improvement over previous models and I am also not having any problems. I now own 7 Ultras.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation