Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Is there a recommended upload speed for certain kits? If not, What would be an average upload speed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For Arlo Ultra, we recommend an average upload bandwidth speed of 4Mbps.

What is the minimum upload bandwidth speed required for Arlo Ultra? Was this article helpful?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@JPC wrote:

Is there a recommended upload speed for certain kits? If not, What would be an average upload speed? 

Min upload speed use to be listed as 1 Mbs.... with the newer cameras Pro/Pro2/Q , IMHO, should be closer to 2.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Thanks Tom, I would think maybe more since it's 4k but yeah I would imagine 2Mb would be enough if it's a one  at a time thing but when 2 or more cams doing at the same time live viewing/recording then 2Mb's could be an issue in terms of lag and quality distortion.. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For Arlo Ultra, we recommend an average upload bandwidth speed of 4Mbps.

What is the minimum upload bandwidth speed required for Arlo Ultra? Was this article helpful?

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for the Save James... missed that it was the for the Ultra

Morse is faster than texting!
dan801
Star
Star
With that just be aware you maximum upload speed will be different than your actual upload speed to the Arlo servers. For example I can get 10mb/s upload on speedtest.net when I test a server close by but once you select an overseas or different server speed can drop quite rapidly. For example connections to Europe my 10mb/s drops down to 2mb/s
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation