Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Apprentice

Manual Record?

I am thinking as with other Arlo models the Ultra will not record motion while in live view. Is there a manual record? I am not seeing the video or snapshot button that was on the Pro/Pro 2.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Manual Record?

I see the same behavior on iOS.  However, via the web interface the recording buttons are active whether or not local 4K live streaming is active.

I believe  it's because the web interface doesn't do local 4K live, and when the iOS is is streaming locally, the stream is going direct from the camera to the phone, and not going to the cloud, and therefore cannot be saved to the cloud.

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Master

The record and snapshot buttons appear when live view is active.  I believe you need to have your smart subscription setup before the buttons appear though.

Message 2 of 5
Apprentice

You are correct... Sorry. Seems when local live 4k streaming is turned on it disappears from live view but when it's turned off it is there.
Message 3 of 5
Master

I see the same behavior on iOS.  However, via the web interface the recording buttons are active whether or not local 4K live streaming is active.

I believe  it's because the web interface doesn't do local 4K live, and when the iOS is is streaming locally, the stream is going direct from the camera to the phone, and not going to the cloud, and therefore cannot be saved to the cloud.

Message 4 of 5
Apprentice

Yes. This was on the IOs app.
Message 5 of 5