Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Manual Record?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am thinking as with other Arlo models the Ultra will not record motion while in live view. Is there a manual record? I am not seeing the video or snapshot button that was on the Pro/Pro 2.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I see the same behavior on iOS.  However, via the web interface the recording buttons are active whether or not local 4K live streaming is active.

I believe  it's because the web interface doesn't do local 4K live, and when the iOS is is streaming locally, the stream is going direct from the camera to the phone, and not going to the cloud, and therefore cannot be saved to the cloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

The record and snapshot buttons appear when live view is active.  I believe you need to have your smart subscription setup before the buttons appear though.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
You are correct... Sorry. Seems when local live 4k streaming is turned on it disappears from live view but when it's turned off it is there.
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I see the same behavior on iOS.  However, via the web interface the recording buttons are active whether or not local 4K live streaming is active.

I believe  it's because the web interface doesn't do local 4K live, and when the iOS is is streaming locally, the stream is going direct from the camera to the phone, and not going to the cloud, and therefore cannot be saved to the cloud.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. This was on the IOs app.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation