Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
n494f
Follower
Follower

Hi All,

I just got a new Arlo Ultra last week, and within 6 days, the battery had completely drained. I read some other help-forms and they recommended turning on the low power function, making the angle smaller, and lowering sensitivity. I did all of that and it still is draining rapidly. Does anyone have any tips? Any would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual suspects are signal strength/quality and/or the amount of recording and live viewing being used. 

Signal strength or interference causes the camera to have to work harder to stay connected. The position and/or distance of the camera may be a factor, especially is there are other wireless devices near the camera or hub or if the house is made of stuff such as stucco, brick or stone. 

Battery life is also spec'ed for <5 minutes of total use , including recording and live viewing. Best camera positioning to eliminate subjects from false triggers (cars going by is a frequent issue as well as the sun's IR being reflected from trees and bushes) can make a big difference. Using a lower motion sensitivity setting in your modes and rules (see the FAQ here on this topic as well as many others) may  also be needed.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

Battery life is also spec'ed for <5 minutes of total use , including recording and live viewing.

Per day, I think.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, shoulda said that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation