Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Videos Not Available on Base Station

maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on the fix for the issue with the remote access. I will provide another update as soon as I have more information related to the release. 

Thank you for your patience

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

516 REPLIES 516
Sourour2
Guide
Guide

Absolutely 

briancarp
Tutor
Tutor

I’d recommend everyone leave a 1 star review on the App Store.  They seemed to take offense when I did that last week.  Also, give the Arlo devices bad reviews on Amazon so that others don’t waste their money like we did.  I had to purchase new cameras and doorbell camera from a new vendor last week.

Lvaneede
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing a camera fixed it for me too. Just had to add it again afterwards 

lazyriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Check message 353. It worked for me

strndlr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue - Arlo please support

Kaufmjh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same issue for at least 2 months. My Android phone is able to view the storage and clips using port forwarding, though my iOS device will not show the clips and their Library with error message. If this is result of an update by Arlo for ios, why can't this be fixed in a reasonable time frame! 

Sourour2
Guide
Guide

100%. This is becoming ridiculous. I guess Arlo is trying to phase out this freebie and make you subscribe to their cloud service

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

Hi @yammy86 ,

Did you have to do anything on VPN, on top of port forwarding?

clausenper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, that has also crossed my mind.

However, doing that on products already out there and in operation is simply not an option!

Changes like that needs to be communicated well in advance and only apply to new products.

audiboy808
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear solution was to do a port forward which I did and that's how I got port 80 open. I don't have parental control turned on. 

I bought a new router so we'll see if that solves my problem will let you all know.

thanks for the replies I appreciate it. 

strndlr
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Arlo please support

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@audiboy808 wrote:

Netgear solution was to do a port forward 

Arlo, not Netgear.  Netgear divested Arlo back in 2018.

More importantly, as I said above, it's not the right advice.  I recommend deleting the port forwarding rule.  Generally it's bad practice to forward ports unnecessarily, and that definitely applies to ports 80 and 443 (which carry almost all the traffic on the internet).  

audiboy808
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Stephen,

ok, I'll delete the port forwarding for port 80. Well we'll see how it goes once I set up my new router. Thanks for yours and the communities help to try and resolve this issue of mine.

Kurt
rpn830
Tutor
Tutor

so ridiculous that there has been no update in over two months. are they waiting for people to get desperate and subscribe instead?

Merak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Port forwarding still not working.

iOS 17.6.1

Arlo 4.19

VMB4540r2

Merak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, port forwarding not working anymore with iPhone (currently iOS 17.6.1)

It just stopped working after release of 4.14 or around that version. I have not changed any settings from my side.

Is this addressed by Arlo?

Br Erik

BobAs
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem and Arlo has done nothing for over six months we all need to ask for a refund as they have some the don’t care

jsimps9901
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo SmartHUB is repeatedly attempting to send TCP traffic on port 4000 to network 172.14.1.0/24 network IPs.  It is also trying to send ICMP and UDP traffic to those destinations as well?  Why?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsimps9901 wrote:

My Arlo SmartHUB is repeatedly attempting to send TCP traffic on port 4000 to network 172.14.1.0/24 network IPs.  It is also trying to send ICMP and UDP traffic to those destinations as well?  Why?

Those addresses appear to be assigned to AT&T.  Do you have an AT&T phone?

jsimps9901
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have any type service using ATT IP address space.   I don't use ATT services.    I really want an answer to this question.   Makes me wonder if the firmware is infected with a backdoor trojan.   Just what I need, a backdoor into my Arlo camera system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsimps9901 wrote:

I do not have any type service using ATT IP address space.   I don't use ATT services.    I really want an answer to this question.   Makes me wonder if the firmware is infected with a backdoor trojan.   Just what I need, a backdoor into my Arlo camera system.

Port 4000 is a bit concerning.  Are you also seeing traffic on 7871 or 11271?

I am tagging @JamesC so he can look into this for you.  Can you check the specific IP addresses you posted?  AWS does use some 172.x.x.x addresses, and Arlo definitly uses the AWS cloud.  No idea if they have any servers hosted by AT&T. 

mi2ji94
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve successfully set up port forwarding before but recently it has become not available. It works on my android devices but not apple ever since the new IOS 17.5 update came out. Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve tried contacting support both with Arlo and Apple but they’ve been no help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mi2ji94 wrote:

I’ve successfully set up port forwarding before but recently it has become not available. It works on my android devices but not apple ever since the new IOS 17.5 update came out. Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve tried contacting support both with Arlo and Apple but they’ve been no help.

This is a bug in the iOS app, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it.  It's not clear its linked to 17.5, since Arlo released an app update at about the same time.

It's been broken for almost 3 months now, and unfortunately Arlo hasn't given a timeframe for fixing it.

The VPN alternative does work, but can be harder to set up.  So maybe check to see if your router has a built-in VPN server.  (Netgear Nighthawk and Orbi routers have this feature, as do higher-end routers from some other manufacturers).

Vtphotomom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm at wit's end. I absolutely hate my Arlo because what's the point in having it if I cannot watch recordings of people at my house for my cell phone! Every time I try it tells me to try again and does not load the videos. If I'm at home using my cell phone it will load the videos. Whoop-Dee-Doo! If I'm home I can see who's at my house! I can watch live but only if whatever is happening. I'm able to get to my cell phone in time to see it. This has happened since day one. I am so frustrated and about ready to switch to blink. What can I do to fix this? Talking through support does not ever help! I've updated everything. There's no updates to do. 

TotoyLaki
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am able to make port forwarding to my ultra smart hub to work on my iPad but not to my iPhone.  Am I missing any extra step?  How do I make my iPhone enable my hub’s port forwarding?