Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ErikFinland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed my Arlo Ultra with 3 cameras a week ago. The system has worked quite well. However I am wondering why the system sometimes takes video based on motion but I don’t get any notification although I have all notification switches ON in all cameras. I have installed Arlo App to both my iPhone and iPad.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ErikFinland,

To receive a push notification, you must be logged in to the app.

Are you logged out of the app when you aren't receiving notifications?

JamesC

ErikFinland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Yes, I have logged all time in to the Arlo app.

One night (during 4-5 hours) I got several alarm video recordings but only one notification. Almost all recordings were short (10 sec) and types were ”Motion”. 

Best regards

Erik

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ErikFinland,

If you're staying logged in, but still having trouble with notifications, take a look at the tips in the following article:

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

ErikFinland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Mostly I get the notifications but sometimes not. I checked those guidelines and I have them OK.

E.g. yesterday afternoon I got a recording but no notification. Then I walked around our house and I got both recordings and notifications from all three cameras. Last night I got three recordings (from different camera as afternoon) without notifications.

Most of there recordings without any notifications have the following characteristics:

- I can’t see there any motion

- recording type is ”Motion”

- recordings are  short (10-12 sec)

Best regards

Erik

ErikFinland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Yesterday I realized one new point: Concerning those video recordings without notifications there are not any red dots (with number) in library or Arlo app icons to indicate how many new recordings is in the library.

So this proves that the problem isn’t between the base system and Arlo app in iPhone but it must be inside the Arlo base system.

Best regards

Erik

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation