Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TG61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello community

I apologise if this has been covered before. I have looked through but can't see anything.

As we are now in this time of global lock downs, home isolation and no travel I want to be able to keep in regular visual contact with my elderly parents in another state.

We use Facetime and also sometimes Zoom, however that requires both of us to be directly in front of the phone/computer without moving around, and the times tend to have to be scheduled and don't last long.

My question is would it be possible to set them up with an Ultra system (the same that I have) under a new account which I could then access with my iPad. This would mean that I can use live streaming so that I can see them, hear them and talk to them as they move around their lounge room.

At the same time they could access my account on their iPad and see, hear and talk to me. The advantages of this over using Facetime with a small screen or Zoom on the computer that requires a wired camera is that I can move around the Ultra camera while I am, say, in the kitchen and chat with them while seeing them on my iPad.

From what I can find out, provided the bandwidth and speed of both internet connections are sufficient, this should theoretically work.

Has anyone else looked into this or even set it up?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob won’t work well...but you can try.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you may be better off with the Portal from Facebook....

Morse is faster than texting!
TG61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks - the system looks promising!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation