Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Marsbar90
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason my cameras fail to pick up any motion, send any notification or save any video at random periods of the day.
My internet is working - and was working when i was testing it out. I have smart notifications turned on. When I tried it out yesterday afternoon by walking in front of the camera everything appeared to be working.
This morning, I walked in front of the same camera - nothing. No notification and nothing saved on the SD Card stored locally. The camera was turned on; I could manually view the camera and myself on the image.

On the Arlo app, i restarted the VMB5000 Station and then tried out the same testing as above. I got a notification and a record - looked like it was working as normal.

Now, why must I have to restart the VMB5000 once or twice a day to get the whole system to work? Can anyone assist with what is going wrong?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine has started this as well, except my camera sticks on "connecting".

It happens at least once every few days. All recording and notifications stop until I reboot the base
yo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue from long time ago. Issues I see are, live view stops showing movement(it becomes like still camera), motion detection stops, detected clips not saved to library, CVR stops, can't see CVR records. I'm keep restarting every day.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has been investigating these reports. Are you all still experiencing today the same behavior as previously described? Does rebooting your SmartHub always resolve the issue?

JamesC

Crosive
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. It happens often, and with no consistency. Rebooting the hub always fixes mine
John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Dec 2019 firmware update corrected all issues I was having except every day or so I have to restart the base unit. Runs flawlessly until it is apparent motion alerts have stopped. There is no other indication. And restarting always resumes desired function.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@John_o wrote:

every day or so I have to restart the base unit. Runs flawlessly until it is apparent motion alerts have stopped. There is no other indication. And restarting always resumes desired function.

Is the LED on the base still blue when the motion alerts stop?

Have you tried restarting the camera instead of the base?

John_o
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll check the base unit light next occurrence as well as test restarting the camera. Of course, it's now been several days since loosing motion alerts! I should mention that this is a power cord camera.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation