Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Janice805
Star
Star

For the past several days, I've not been able to use the ARLO program on my iPhone 6.  The program freezes constantly, or is so slow that it's unusable.  When swiping the videos (left or right) to review, it's sloooow.  Live cameras are so slow to come up that they are unusable.

The last time this happened to me customer support was of no value and I found the answer to the problem HERE, on this forum.  The answer the last time was BADGES.  I had turned it off because I didn't know what it was and someone here said the whole program was slow and affected and to turn it back on.  I did and problem solved.

Now, same problem.  I reviewed my iPhone settings and BADGES and everything else is on.  I was forced to use the program now either on my desktop computer or iPad.  Both work.  It's my iPhone.  HELP (please) ....

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No Janice, you won’t have to reinstall your cameras. All you Arlo equipment is associated with your account.

Just make sure you know your logon information.

I agree Jessica, uninstall the app. Then restart the phone. Then re-install the app.

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Janice805,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app on your iPhone 6? And what iOS version are you running on your iPhone 6?

Janice805
Star
Star

Turns out it's an iphone 7, software version 13.5.1.

This is SOOO aggravating and I don't know why it's happening.  Any help you can provide, would be very much appreciated.  If I uninstall and reinstall, do I have to add all the camera's back manually?

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No Janice, you won’t have to reinstall your cameras. All you Arlo equipment is associated with your account.

Just make sure you know your logon information.

I agree Jessica, uninstall the app. Then restart the phone. Then re-install the app.

Let us know how it goes!
Janice805
Star
Star

OK, uninstalled and reinstalled and everything came back.  "SO FAR, that worked"!!!  That you all (again) for your help.  If it acts up again, I'll be back 🙂

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Janice805 

That is wonderful news!

If you would be so kind could you please mark my reply as 'accepted solution' to help my ranking on this community board.

I would greatly appreciate that!

Have a nice day!

Janice805
Star
Star

I would love to mark it as ACCEPTED SOLUTION but I don't know how.  I looked everywhere.  If someone could point me to that, I'd appreciate it.  Sorry, blonde here 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation