Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using 2 ASUS routers with ASUS AiMesh, will this extend the range?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoHo8111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I want to mount one of my Arlo Ultra cams on the garage. But the range is a problem.
I am wondering if adding a second ASUS Routers, with AiMesh will solve this problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JoHo8111 wrote:

Hi, I want to mount one of my Arlo Ultra cams on the garage. But the range is a problem.
I am wondering if adding a second ASUS Routers, with AiMesh will solve this problem?

The Ultra connects to the closed WiFi from the smarthub, not to your Asus Wifi.  So deploying a mesh won't help.   Moving the base closer to the garage camera might, or getting a  second base closer to the garage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JoHo8111 wrote:

The Ultra connects to the closed WiFi from the smarthub, not to your Asus Wifi.  So deploying a mesh won't help.   Moving the base closer to the garage camera might, or getting a  second base closer to the garage.

JoHo8111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the help, i will add a second Arlo Base station. That will solve my range problems.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation