Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TJason
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upgrading from a Pro system to Ultra and didn't read enough posts or read them closely enough.  I didn't remove my Pro cameras from my original Hub before removing the Hub from my account.  Is there a way to get those Pro cameras to sync up again, because they currently fail to add to my new Ultra SmartHub.  The new Ultra cameras sync/join just fine.  Is there a way to hard reset those or something?  They can't just be paperweights now...  Please help, and thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TJason
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used chat support to work with Tech Support and was able to get the solution.  Needed to use the manual sync from the new Ultra Base with the Pro cameras.  So my steps were:

1. Power cycle the base

2. Hold the sync button on the base for two seconds and release

3. Hold the sync button on the Pro camera and release

4. Watch for the fast-flash from both devices indicating they sync'd

5. Use the Add Device Wizard from the app to add the camera back to my system.

Back in Business.  Hope someone else can use this information down the road...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the old base from your account? That should free up the cameras. Neither the old base nor the cameras should show in Settings, My Devices. Are the camera batteries charged? Have you tried connecting AC power to them?

TJason
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did remove the old base.  I read a post that indicated that is what I should do to upgrade from my pro system to the ultra system.  I was under the impression that upon removing the base, the cameras would still be associated with my account and I would be able to just swing them over to the new base.  That is NOT what happened.  Everything existing has gone away and the old pro cameras refuse to associate with the new Ultra base.  I have tried the Pro cameras via batter AND via direct power and that makes no difference.

As it stands, I have my new cameras, my new base, and a bunch of pro cameras that I cannot use.  I'm hoping there is a solution for this beside throwing them away.

TJason
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used chat support to work with Tech Support and was able to get the solution.  Needed to use the manual sync from the new Ultra Base with the Pro cameras.  So my steps were:

1. Power cycle the base

2. Hold the sync button on the base for two seconds and release

3. Hold the sync button on the Pro camera and release

4. Watch for the fast-flash from both devices indicating they sync'd

5. Use the Add Device Wizard from the app to add the camera back to my system.

Back in Business.  Hope someone else can use this information down the road...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation