Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RH27
Follower
Follower
I currently have a 4 camera Arlo Pro system. I am thinking of upgrading to the Arlo Ultra but don't want to loose all the other cameras. Can I connect the Arlo Pro cameras to the new hub or would I have to maintain two hubs?
2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Your Pro cameras will connect just fine to the Ultra base.

However it may be worth your while to have 2 bases if your camera count goes over 5 and you do not want to pay monthly subs. Keep your 4 pros on their base and then the Ultras on their base using a different account and then use the grant access feature allowing you to see all of them in the same app.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Keeping both hubs has other advantages. For example. the Ultra hub does not have the alarm that exists on the Pro hub.

You can link devices on the two hubs through modes. For example, a Pro 2 camera on the Pro hub can trigger recordings on an Ultra camera on the Ultra hub.

It might also let you stretch the range of your cameras if you put the hubs in different places.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation