Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4K system as warehouse security system

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SirDigitalKnigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

looking to setup a camera system at a friends new warehouse in Medellin Colombia and need more detailed information on the new Ultra system. 

1. Can it be setup at a fully functional alarm system? Can it be used to call police perhaps with an add-on?

2. How is the alarm activate and controlled? Example: During the day there will be workers so is it setup for the hours or the day to set off the alarm?

3. can door or window sensor be added or are they plans to add more alarm features in the future?

Thank you,

-SDK

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) I'm not sure Arlo is you best choice since to get the features you want would require a subscription and Columbia isn't a country that can get those.

2) The alarm and recordings are set up via modes and rules which can be customized for any time period and automatically switched via the schedule.

3) Add-ons are planned but haven't even been announced as coming so it will be some time, maybe by the end of the year but no announced time as yet.

SirDigitalKnigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the fast reply,

1) I'm not sure Arlo is you best choice since to get the features you want would require a subscription and Columbia isn't a country that can get those.

So even if the customer has an american address and a Arlo system in the states he can not add more systems to his account if it is physically located in Colombia? No work around with VPN or other options?

Thanks for the help,

-SDK

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Setting the system up in the US, using a US credit card for any subscriptions, and then moving the system to Columbia should work. Don't reset the system.

SirDigitalKnigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can more cameras still be added to the system at a later date then? 

If he just sets up one camera and the base in the states and activates the subsciptions and then brings down another 4 cameras can they be added to it with no problems?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not 100% certain but I think so.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation