Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
evlgamer
Tutor
Tutor

I have been unable to discover my base station that came with my Ultra 4 Camera kit I picked up from Best Buy. At home here is the current network setup:

Modem --> Google OnHub (TPLink) --> 8port switch <-- Arlo Ultra Hub

Now the Arlo Ultra Hub's single LED is solid blue, which according to the vendor's info should mean it is connected to the internet. However I can't discover it, I have tried both using the Android app on my phone (which is connected to the WiFi network the OnHub creates) and my PC which is connected via ethernet cable to the aformentioned 8port switch. So I am pretty sure I meet the requirement of being connected to the same network as the Arlo Ultra Base.

Is there anything I am missing? Or does this unit have to get taken back to the store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
evlgamer
Tutor
Tutor

I took your suggestion, initially it did not work but then I powered off everything, and booted up things in the order of Modem, Router, Arlo Hub and that worked! After I got the Arlo Hub discovered, I put my network back the way it was (so with the switch in the mix) and was still able to access my cameras.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Before swapping the system, try holding the reset button until the LED starts flashing amber. Let it reboot and try again.

evlgamer
Tutor
Tutor

I tried that, sadly no change, still unable to discover.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

evlgamer,

Try connecting the SmartHub directly to your router instead of through the switch to see if you get the same results. (if you're able to claim, you can move the SmartHub back to the switch)

JamesC

evlgamer
Tutor
Tutor

I took your suggestion, initially it did not work but then I powered off everything, and booted up things in the order of Modem, Router, Arlo Hub and that worked! After I got the Arlo Hub discovered, I put my network back the way it was (so with the switch in the mix) and was still able to access my cameras.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@evlgamer wrote:

I took your suggestion, initially it did not work but then I powered off everything, and booted up things in the order of Modem, Router, Arlo Hub and that worked!

Well done. That is standard practice for network troubleshooting. In that way devices establish an Internet connection in the right order. You don't end up with a router timing out because the modem has yet to create a connection and establish an IP address.

You might be surprised by the number of people who turn things on in a random order and wonder why things won't connect to the outside world.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation