Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SJMC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys, I'm thinking of jumping into the Ultra eco system. I'm in the UK In general I'm not a big fan of subscription based business models and so unlikely to take out a service plan after the first year has run out. I see that with Pro2 after the first year you get rolling 7 day cloud with no subscription. With Ultra this doesnt seem to be an option. Am I missing someting or is this correct as it stands today? I would ask Arlo direct but I'm if I can get the live chat to work and Ive found the phone support to be less than supportive. No email support? Good grief. thank you S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your reading is correct. You would be able to record locally to the base's microSD card after that and Arlo has promised to update firmware/software to allow you to view the recorded videos directly from the card instead of having to remove it from the base and plug it into a computer before the 1 year subscriptions end (later this year?).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your reading is correct. You would be able to record locally to the base's microSD card after that and Arlo has promised to update firmware/software to allow you to view the recorded videos directly from the card instead of having to remove it from the base and plug it into a computer before the 1 year subscriptions end (later this year?).

SJMC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the confirmation.

Much appreciated.

s.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation