Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ultra subscription

Hi guys, I'm thinking of jumping into the Ultra eco system. I'm in the UK In general I'm not a big fan of subscription based business models and so unlikely to take out a service plan after the first year has run out. I see that with Pro2 after the first year you get rolling 7 day cloud with no subscription. With Ultra this doesnt seem to be an option. Am I missing someting or is this correct as it stands today? I would ask Arlo direct but I'm if I can get the live chat to work and Ive found the phone support to be less than supportive. No email support? Good grief. thank you S.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Ultra subscription

Your reading is correct. You would be able to record locally to the base's microSD card after that and Arlo has promised to update firmware/software to allow you to view the recorded videos directly from the card instead of having to remove it from the base and plug it into a computer before the 1 year subscriptions end (later this year?).

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Guru

Your reading is correct. You would be able to record locally to the base's microSD card after that and Arlo has promised to update firmware/software to allow you to view the recorded videos directly from the card instead of having to remove it from the base and plug it into a computer before the 1 year subscriptions end (later this year?).

Message 2 of 3
Aspirant

Thank you for the confirmation.

Much appreciated.

s.

Message 3 of 3