Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
moyda23
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Ultra camera isn’t charging. The app says it is charging up until it gives me the low battery alert. So far the Arlo Ultra Cameras have been a disappointment. I have had a number of charging and connection issues. Any thoughts? I’m tired of buying new charging cables or batteries.

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why are you buying replacement parts when you have a warranty? Use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

ashlah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi mate, I also had this issue roughly the same time that you created this thread and I am wondering if the most recent firmware update has caused the issues. My Arlo Ultra camera wasn't charging and when i managed to clean the contact on the camera, the app was not correctly reflecting that the device was charging and after some time the battery meter would jump from 1% to 16% to 40% etc and not show the real time charging.

I am also having an issue where the camera is only charging to 60% and then not charging any more, are you facing this issue? If so, let's push Arlo to review their latest firmware.

ashlah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh and forgot to mention that Arlo support ASSUMES that you have spare batteries on hand? I don't buy a product and then buy spare products just in case. We bought the product and assume it'll work as we expect.

Glenn from support asked me to "try a different battery". I am not buying another camera or battery.

moyda23
Tutor
Tutor
Now the battery just sits at 4% charge after moving the camera to a different charger.
frekedk
Guide
Guide

Anyone found a solution?

I have the same issue with one of my cameras

Bjørn 🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@frekedk wrote:

I have the same issue with one of my cameras

This is also an Ultra? 

Did you try swapping the battery with another camera?  If so, did the problem move with the battery, or stay with the camera?

frekedk
Guide
Guide
It is an Ultra and I already tried... The issue follows the battery which won't charge above 3%

My guess is the battery collapsed so I will contact support.

Bjørn 🙂
Gits77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with one of my cams , it only charges to 4%

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Gits77,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also have this issue. One of my camera is stuck on 5%. It says it is charging, but never really goes any further.

I have had a similar issue with another one of my cameras, but it very slowly charged up.

I am beginning to think batteries are only designed to have a 12 month life, once warranty is over, this is going to make a very expensive system replacing batteries every year.  

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here one of my camera is stuck at 4% not sure what to do??? Arlo has been a disaster... Also why do they not let us know on the app when updates are available and give us notes on the updates like what they fixed or introduced!!! Smh what a disaster its been with Arlo Ultra!! On top of this no support for Homekit Secure Video?? If Arlo doesn’t get their act together ASAP myself & a lot of people are going to leave them for other companies!!!
FruitLogoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve got the same issue and the unit is less than a week old, so I’m sure it was a firmware update that did this. I’ve got a spare battery and charger in order. I’m curious to see what the charger will see the battery charge at.
Trishg
Aspirant
Aspirant
My ultra Arlo camera seems to be stuck at 3% and won’t charge above that. I had a similar issue in October which went on for weeks. It eventually charged. However after charging I put camera back up, it’s lasted just a couple of days and now back to not charging beyond 3%. Arlo support don’t help, advise try new batter (which I don’t have), take battery out and reinsert which I’ve done. They then say they will analyse batter, last time this went on for weeks. Does anyone have an answer please ?
Trishg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone know how I raise a complaint? I’ve had a problem with battery not charging raised a ticket, which has been ignored. A moderator and separate chat person said they would escalate it, still heard nothing.
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation